SFX is a link server. Starting from a reference in a given database or online catalogue, SFX provides context-sensitive links to other library-defined resources, thus greatly facilitating literature search.
The SFX button in a database display in DBIS indicates that the database is linked to SFX.
Here you find a list of the online databases currently linked to SFX.
Clicking on the SFX button for a reference brings up an SFX menu window from which you can select from a number of services that are relevant for that reference. These services are institution-specific and will lead only to those resources and services available from the target system.
- links to electronic full texts, if they are licensed for the University Library or free on the internet
- a link to the Electronic Journals Library (EZB)
- a link to Catalogue to check local holdings’ details and status
- a link to the Bavarian Union Catalogue with the option of online interlibrary loan requests
- links to an abstract or a table of contents
- a link to the fee-based document delivery service Subito
- a link to digital documents without copyright restriction
- links to search engines
- a link to an e-mail form for questions or suggestions