Can I also return a medium by sending it by snail mail?
It is possible to return borrowed media by snail mail under special conditions:
- Please announce the return via snail mail calling in the libray location where you borrowed the media (for telephone numbers and addresses see Locations).
- Send the media to the branch library or departmental library where you borrowed them.
- Pack the media in such a way that they do not suffer any damage, as you are liable for any damage or loss.
- Enclose an informal letter with your name, your library card number (or UB-ID) and the clearly visible keyword “book return”.
- Add the department “Lending” to the addressee’s name.
- We recommend that you return the book by parcel, so that the shipment is insured and can be tracked.
- Please allow sufficient time for postal dispatch to avoid exceeding the loan period. Postal dispatch has no suspensive effect with regard to reminders with costs. The time of return is the arrival of the parcel at the respective loan desk.
- Please check your library account in the catalogue whether the return was successful.