Your FAUcard comes with an UB-ID (University Library User ID).
To use it for borrowing books at the library, you have to accept the „General Regulations on the Use of Bavarian Public Libraries“ (ABOB) online.
For this, you have to do the following:
- Log on to the IDM Portal.
- In the upper menu bar, click Requests/Tasks
- Confirm Library card activation and follow further instructions.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of Use to activate your card.
Please confirm afterwards if the activation was successful:
- Click on Self Service in the upper menu bar.
- Scroll down to the section Services to see if University Library has active written next to it.
If this is the case, your FAUcard has been activated successfully.
If not, please see if you have actually completed the activation process successfully (see above).
It take a few minutes for the card to activate.
Please bear in mind that your FAUcard can only be used for borrowing starting the day after activation (in certain cases, 2 days after).