The Parent & Child Room
The Parent & Child Room is located on the second floor of the Main Library (room 2.043-2). It may be used by parents in search of a place where they can stay with their child or children during short term visits to the University.
It can be used without prior notice. The key can be borrowed at the borrowing desk (first floor), please lock the room after using.
Apart from three working tables with electricity and WiFi for parents, there is a kid’s corner with a children’s table, chairs, children’s books, and toys as well as a sitting area. The room is designed for children aged 0 to 8 years. A nappy changing table is available in the ladies toilet facilities on the 2nd floor.
The room must not be used by children suffering from contagious diseases such as chicken pox, mumps, measles, rubella, scarlet fever, … or from acute feverish illnesses.
The University would like to thank the University Library, the SFB 814 (Additive Fertigung), and the Zonta Club for the generous funding they provided for the establishment and equipment of this Parent & Child Room.
Rules for the Parent & Child Room
- It is only available to parents with children and is used free of charge. Reservations are not possible.
- Take care of the furnishings and equipment. No objects may be removed, the room must be cleaned up after use.
- Please take off your child’s shoes.
- Please report any suggestions for improvement and possible defects at the information desk on the 1st floor so that we can constantly improve this offer.
- The University Library cannot organise any care or supervision. When using this room, the parents or persons in whose care they have given the children are responsible for the care and supervision of the child to be cared for. The supervisor (parents are liable for their children) is liable to the University Library Erlangen-Nürnberg for any damage to the facilities and objects provided by the University Library Erlangen-Nürnberg which has been caused by a child or a supervisor. This shall also apply to damage to facilities and objects caused by a child if the supervisor has breached his or her duty of supervision. In the event of damage, liability on the part of the university is then excluded. The University shall only be liable in the event of wilful and grossly negligent breach of its duty of road safety or due diligence.